The First Essay: "Calling Home:" I believe the conclusion of this ending wasn't well oriented with the story. The story itself was a bit dramatized, being arrested for a Snoopy button was a bit too much for me to believe. Then the ending was off also because I feel the parents reaction to the girls action wasn't fierce enough. They should have been mad at her, at least showing some more disappointment. I mean they just let it go because of the situation with the cops and being arrested, yet they had nothing much to say to her, if it were my parents it would have been my behind! What the girls saw truly afraid of was her parents and they didn't do anything really so in the girls mind it might enable her to do it again.
The Second Essay: " American Childhood:" This story was about kids being trouble makers and doing nothing better with their time but throwing snowballs at cars. The ending was left a little unsettled I felt because the man went through all the trouble of chasing the kids down for one phrase to be said? what about the scolding and reporting then to their parents, forcing them to give up the other members in the snowball throwing group. In a sense it was like a game to both sides, instead of taking "adult like" action he didn't have to because he won and sort of proved himself by catching them and didn't have to anything because of that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment